Subject: Re: [Leica] E-200
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 20:59:34 -0700

Dick,

If the entire base of the film, out through the sprockets, including the
part taped to the spool, has a low density and color shift, I would indeed
suspect processing. Unless it is gray market film whose origin and
transportation methods is unknown. Did you buy it from a reputable dealer?
Could someone have returned it to the store, after a vacation, and had it
in their luggage going through heavy heavy doses of xrays? A red light on
in the film loading end of the processor (which is quite often a small
room)? I've seen everything. There are dozens of situation that can
screw-up your film. You can probably call Kodak tech. service and get an
indication of what xray'ed film looks like. And possibly what would cause
your base low d-max red shift. Go to Kodak on the web.

Jim

ps. I once dropped a roll of film and jarred all of the images loose.
Everything was blurry. Had to re-shoot.

;-)