Subject: Re: [Leica] Cool Leica Pictures
From: Michael Leitheiser <flyh2o@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 18:36:56 -0700

I totally fail to understand the vitriolic comments unleashed by Mr.
Beckers "criticism".  He was not being argumentative or IMHO flaming.
Eric's credentials, occupation, experience,  length of LUG membership are
totally irrelevant to what any individuals opinion of some of his
photographs might be.  In fact, his background and experience might raise
expectations to an unreasonable level, expecting "art" from a job that by
and large produces rather mundane illustrations selected by a foto editor
with who knows what objectives.   Most comments seem to be implying that if
it is from a long time LUG member that is a photo editor by profession, it
must be fantastic.  Bunkum!   If you like them, you like them, if you
don't, you don't and I don't think Mr. Becker should be attacked for
venturing a simple opinion.  If you disagree with his criticism fine, but
the responses seem to be geared more at an aggressive attempt to deny the
right to criticize or have an opinion rather than a specific disagreement
with the criticism itself.