Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Eric's site & the LUG Gestapo
From: david place <dvplace@top.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 09:17:32 -0500

>  Honestly, I'd like to know more about
> his photographic interests and his stylistic choices. These are
> sensibilities and viewpoints that are lacking of late in the ongoing
> babble about enth degree of sharpness and other technical performance
> issues. Oddmund, for all his faults, at least incited (more like
> ignited) a dialogue on social and ethical issues and ramifications of
> photography. But, please, lay off the Gestapo stuff. It's too close to
> home.
>
> Carl S.

I agree ... especially with the first line here .... let's see more images
.... let's talk constructivelyabout them .... can we please say something
besides 'I like' & 'I don't like' ? ..... if people can't
(or feel uneasy about) giving there feelings about things why not give some
insight about the
type of feelings a work generates in them ... technical stuff is interesting
and even helpful but
how many times can we go around about applying glue to a worn out lens cap to
save a few bucks ?
.... good imaging (to all), dplace