Subject: Re: [Leica] Hektor 4.5/135mm SM Mounts
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 11:37:52 -0400

Bruce

If your short-mount doesn't focus, it isn't a ZOOAN.  The ZOOAN/16495 is a
focusing short-mount introduced in 1938 and which survived to the end of
production for the Hektor.  A non-focusing unit was made for use on the
Bellows I;  this was the UUOVH/16590.  There are an almost infinite series
of these lens tubes with many variations, and no one to my knowledge has
ever properly documented them.  (Yes, I should research them and do an
article for VIEWFINDER, but I simply do not have the time at present!).

The PLOOT is the original Visoflex and was replaced by the similar Viso I
after the Second War;  the Focoslide is, as you surmise, a ground-glass
focusing ring.

I would suggest you start checking with vendors to find yourself a ZOOAN
focusing tube, as I suspect this will work like a charm on your Viso II.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!