Subject: Re: [Leica] Hektor 4.5/135mm SM Mounts
From: Bruce Feist <bfeist@flock.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 15:37:14 -0400

Hi again, Marc;

I may have worded my last message confusingly.  The short mount DOES focus; it just doesn't
have the rangefinder coupling rod (or whatever it's called) found in the larger mount.  So,
the clarity of focus must be judged in some other manner ... which isn't surprising, given
that it's too short to attach directly to the camera and still focus sensibly.

I must ask: was the test version of the ZOOAN the PROTOZOAN?  (sorry!)

Thanks for the other Visoflex/PLOOT information!  Where on earth does Leitz get these code
names from?

Bruce