Subject: Re: [Leica] Subjective ... / 90 Elmarit
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 22:25:14 +0200

At 10:58 10.04.1998 -0500, Bud Cook wrote:
>I assume the 90mm Elmarit you mentioned here is the latest 4 element
>version.  Do you have an opinion about the original 5 element modified
>triplet, i.e. the REAL Elmarit:-).

Although the current one is a jewel in 90 mm sharpness, the answer
is 'No, Bud'. :)

Unfortunately, I didn't find my 1967 slides and pictures of the 2.8/90
1-st version Elmarit to include it in my descriptions. But, if any LUG
would like to know how this lens performs, please, look at page 113 of:

Jeanloup Sieff: Photographien.
Munich: Schirmer-Mosel 1983,
ISBN 3-88814-109-5.

... I wished I knew the woman, I wished the picture were from me :)

Besides his uh-uh-Hasselblad pictures :), all pictures are taken with the
M Super Angulon or the "old" Elmarit.

Alf

Alfred Breull
http://members.aol.com/abreull/index.htm