Subject: [Leica] (no subject)
From: Royfel <Royfel@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 18:29:46 EDT

I am fairly new to this forum but find it very worth while, but I do have a
few observations.  A.) You sure spend a lot of time discussing the perfect F-
stop.  It is handy to know when your lens is at it's best, but I rarely base a
photograph on this factor, rather I figure out the depth of field I need and
go from there.  In fact I have a G2 which is easier for me to use (being an
eye glass wearer) but I find myself more comfortable with the M lenses because
of the rare (these days) D. O. F.  scale on the lens, and the G2 is faster, in
a lot of respects, but I enjoy the fact that the M6 slows me down and makes me
think.  B.) To the gentleman form PHOTO TECHNIQUES: what was with that last
issue?  I am a professional fine artist and do all my work on Fiber Base but I
would love to be able to use RC.  But your author CTEIN (how is that
pronounced)?   put the breaks on that idea although he concludes that with
toning at least your prints will not evaporate before your eyes ... but how
long will they last??  That's the question and you guy's leave me hanging, so
I shell out $30.00 for the mans' book and he still leaves me hanging and
throws in that wood frames are something more to worry about.  Hell, my museum
has priceless photographs in wood frames should I call them?
Roy Feldman