Subject: [Leica] Canadian VS German Lenses
From: Robert Beaudoin <bussbearm@cedep.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 17:02:13 -0400 (EDT)

Bonjour a tous,

   I have recently read a post about the relative quality of German VS
Canadian Leica lenses.  I am happy to announce that the dispute can now be
setteled for good.  The Canadian federal government has just passed a law
(in early march) stating that all Canadian Leica lenses are useless junks
(cochonneries inutiles), except those manufactured prior to 1968.  An
attached bylaw also created a government agency responsible for the free
disposal of such lenses.  Apparently they will be recycling the metal mounts
and the glass.

   I am glad to announce to all my fellow luggers that I am one of those
chosen by the government to provide recycling services.  Since they want the
program to be working in early may, they have also decided to reimburse the
shipping costs to those disposing of their lenses early. You might want to
take advantage of this offer.

  Therefore, all Canadian Leica lenses manufactured after 1968 may be
shipped to my attention, at the address below.  I will take care of the
rest!  Please include a note in your package stating wether you want your
shipping costs paid in US or Canadian dollars.

Regards,

Robert Beaudoin

643 2nd avenue

Verdun, Quebec

Canada, H4G 2W7

P.S.  No word yet of the recycling program for Canadian made Leica bodies, I
will keep you posted.  :-)