Subject: Re: [Leica] Explanation high production cost
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 13:21:38 +0200

At 11:47 13.04.1998 +0200, Erwin Puts wrote:

>The most obvious argument for Leica's high cost production of lenses is
>quite simple: volume and not necessarily better QC.

> Now a Leica generation will hold less than ten years.

From what I heard, the company's income results from the lenses and not
from the bodies. That's the reason, the bodies are "relatively" less
expensive, and the lens prizes pretty high.

Would you, please, comment the second statement. Is it becasue they break,
or becuase speed has increased in new developments ?

Alf

Alfred Breull
http://members.aol.com/abreull/index.htm
http://members.aol.com/mfformat/c-mf.htm