Subject: [Leica] Re: FW: Re Leica R4S & Lens
From: EyeUK <EyeUK@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 13:17:13 EDT

>From: ThomasAnthony <Thomas.Anthony@btinternet.com>
>To: Email me Eye UK
>Subject: Re Leica R4S & Lens
>
>I am looking at purchasing a used R4S along with a 28-35-90mm lenses.  Do
>you have a list of serial numbers for bodies and lenses that will tell me
>the age of the item in question?  I would be very grateful for any
>information and help in this matter.
>
>Tom

If you are to buy a R4 series camera, may I suggest R4s mod 2 (R4s mod P in
USA).It is a latter production from Leica and with some improvement over the
original R4 and R4s, e.g. film advancement lever totally encased in plastic,
slide switch for exposure compensation (much more user-friendly), metered
exposure measurement could be fixed in the aperture priority mode (good for
reframing), compensation adjustments in 1/3 stop increments. Only 6931 units
are made (in black chrome). It is relatively rare in the secondhand market.
Snap it up quickly if you can find one in good condition. Serial number in
this model is irrelevant, but if you must know, anything from 1685000 are made
around 1986.

Good luck!

Eye UK

Home of Leica Reflex Camera