Subject: Re: AW: [Leica] Leica and Minolta identical calculation
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 20:23:38 -0500

At 09:27 PM 4/12/98 +0200, you wrote:

>answer. It is fact, Leica have an coperation contract with Minolta and
others.

Not with Minolta any more, except for those two lenses they contribute to.
There is no similarity to any other Minolta lens and Leica lens.

Leica lenses are the best. That's the only justification for paying the
extra money. We can make the same pictures compositionally with any camera
from Diana to Linhof. But the best glass on the planet (overall) is Leicas.
And the only rangefinders that really work in the hard day to day scrabble
of photojournalism and documentary photography are Leica M.

That's why we buy Leica. Sorry if I came across as harsh, but we deal with
the "But Leica's are just Minoltas in full metal jackets" all the time, and
it's just not true. Period.