Subject: [Leica] Filters and Rocky Mountain High
From: FortunkoC <FortunkoC@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 15:11:58 EDT

LUGs and Rolleinuts,

First, I apologize for asking this question again.

As most of you know, I live at an altitude of 1 mile, which is more than 5000
feet but less than 6000 feet and about 400 feet below 2000 meters.

My questions are these. Heering states that yellow filters are useless above
2000 meters and UV filters should be used. I do not have a UV filter for my
SL66. Can I use the R1.5 to keep out the UV and achieve the same effect? Are
Carl Zeiss lenses designed to keep out UV? Mine are about 1970 vintage. Do
Leica lenses need UV filters above 2000 meters?

Best of Light,

Chris