Subject: [Leica] YM mag. loses 100K photo-illus. lawsuit
From: dannyg1 <dannyg1@IDT.NET>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 00:33:40 +0000

On 4/13's Dateline NBC show, a small blurb ran about a young model, whom through
her agency, posed for a photo-illustration story for the teen fashion magazine 'YM'
(previously 'Young Miss'), successfully sued and won a 100k USD jdgement against the
magazine for the context of the article and its implication of her as the living subject of
the article.

Considering that the story was assigned by the NYC based magazine and the model
hired by the bookings editor, I assume that the results were fully model released and the
model informed of the story content beforehand. The stories title was, I paraphrase: 'I
got drunk and slept with three guys'. Could've been: 'I got wasted and ...'

Believe it or not, the girls main injury was losing the respect of her schoolmates and
being 'forced' to leave her school.

If anyone can point me towards more detailed information about this case, I'd
appreciate it. As it stands, I can't find a thing about it on the web. It was presented by
Dateline as a followup summary of recent developments to a previously aired story.

Danny Gonzalez