Subject: Re: [Leica] YM mag. loses 100K photo-illus. lawsuit
From: dannyg1 <dannyg1@IDT.NET>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 18:12:45 +0000

Eric,

> Are you sure the model know the content before hand? I would think that
> would be the point the whole success of her case would turn on. Could the
> courts be trying to legislate content?

While I can't be sure on this particular instance, I have worked for YM before and IME,
the bookings editor used the story title as a tracking title for model-agent/magazine
communications as well as the rest of the shoot (The photographer would usually get,
from the photo or managing editor,  a draft copy of the text beforehand). As with any
work involving agency hired models, the release serves as the timesheet and, it being a
standard release, covers context whether embarrrasing or whatever.

The trial was a jury trial and this seems to be the problem.

Danny Gonzalez