Subject: Re: [Leica] What equipment?
From: Ian Stanley <ian@mos.com.np>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 08:14:52 +0500

At 11:01 PM 98-04-13 -0600, you wrote:
>Just curious to know whether anyone has found that owning a Leica M and a
>4x5 field camera--and nothing else--has proven to be a satisfying experience
>for landscapes/nature (80%) and travel photography (20%)
>
>Jeff

Hello Jeff,

	All I own is a 4x5 with a 210 Schneider Apo-Symmar, M4-P, a soon to be
replaced M6, 50mm Summilux and a 90mm Elmarit - M and this has proven to be
a thoroughly satisfying experience for me.  The majority of my work is
landscape, local architecture, travel and street photography.  Occasional I
do wish that I had a longer lens to capture the Himal from my rooftop but I
find that my photographs are better when I get closer to the subject rather
than using a longer lens.  This summer I hope to purchase a 35mm/2.0 ASPH
for the M's and a 120mm Schneider Super Angulon for the 4x5.

Ian Stanley,

Kathmandu, Nepal