Subject: [Leica] New Epson Photo Printer
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 22:42:47 -0700

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

For those looking for a new photo quality printer or proofer, Epson will be
releasing its next generation Photo printer, model 700 on April 16th.  This
will replace the previous photo printer that has recently been
discontinued.  It uses 7 colors to print up to 1440 DPI resolution.  This
is a distinct improvement over their previous photo quality printer.  The
dealer cost is about $243 with the street price coming in at about $279.
It is quite impressive for the money.

Epson also has a professional color printer, model 5000, that will serve as
a pre-press color printer with a level of quality not seen in other
printers.  This will be released this Summer.

I ordered the new photo printer.  I am very unhappy with my HP 682 printer.
 Never really liked the quality of the images.  Even the black ink smeared
most of the time with this printer.

Happy shooting,

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD