Subject: Re: [Leica] YM mag. loses 100K photo-illus. lawsuit
From: Richard DeLuca <odyssey@spectra.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 08:50:10 -0500

Richard DeLuca wrote:

>> I watched the first TV story about this case, and then the recent followup.
>> Apparently this young lady had no idea that her photos would be used in
>> such a manner.  And it was also apparent that it caused her (and her
>> parents) a great deal of emotional pain.  Really sad case..........:(

>Gee, so when are actors who play the parts of "baddies" gonna sue the
>director??  People sign up with agencies to get work, to be "actors" and
>get paid for it.  That's the gig.  I have no sympathy.  If you don't do
>your homework and figure out what is going on, you shouldn't be there.
>The response of the court should have been:  well, now you know.
>
>donal
>--
>Donal Philby

Donal,

Your wrong on this one.  Actors who play 'baddies' at least know they are
doing so. If you had seen what they did to her, I don't believe you would
take this attitude.  They misrepresented (by ommission, at least) how they
were going to use the innocent-looking pix of her. YM deserved getting
clobbered.

Best,
Rich