Subject: Re: [Leica] Replacement found for PX625 cell
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@vaggeryd.mail.telia.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 15:45:44 +0200

George Huczek wrote

> any politicians who are trying to capture enviro-votes would dare suggest
> that they be banned completely.  It's a political issue, not an
> environmental one.

Absolutely, and it's the easy targets they go for.  Marine anti-fouling
paint is a typical example.  The most effective formulae contained TBT
tributaynaltin (my spelling).  At one time, totally banned on small boats
and pleasure craft.  But allowed on commercial ships.  Imagine the amount
of paint used on a super tanker compared to a row boat.

 Anyway here in Sweden, mercury cells are still available, and in addition
there are numerous disposal points that look like post boxes on almost
every block.  There is also a "disposal tax" on every lead acid battery
bought to pay for the communes cost in passing them on down the chain.

Alan Hull