Subject: Re: [Leica] Portrait lighting
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 23:08:18 -0500

At 10:27 PM 4/15/98 +0000, you wrote:

>As for lighting, I'm undecided: bringing in a small Speedo
>brownline pack and 2 heads with umbrellas or shooting a single Metz
>shoemount into an umbrella.  The latter is consistent with my general
>Keep It Short & Simple philosophy, but the former may give better
>results as far as filling in shadows etc.

When I do headshots, I take them into open shade, turn them to have some
nice shadows on the face, and shoot. Or put them by a window and use 3/4
light and shoot wide open. Gorgeous light.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the
photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him (and her) to keep
on looking.

- -Brooks Atkinson, 1951