Subject: Re: [Leica] War Reparations?
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 08:38:20 -0400

At 07:56 AM 16-04-98 EDT, Will von Dauster wrote:

>  >>

>Ah. I understand. Since the Germans attacked the Japanese and went on to
loose
>the war with them, the Japanese were therefore entitled to reparations for
the
>high costs incured fighting the German agressors. Funny that I never really
>saw that before...

Again, I repeat, I don't know all the details of how the Japanese got hold
of German patents, but surely the Allies (the Americans) had a hand in it?
And just as surely, the justification at the time must have been
reparations, in a roundabout sort of way.  But if anyone out there knows
the history (Marc?), and I am wrong, please set me straight.

Dan C.