Subject: Re: [Leica] Two or three lens travel kit.
From: Georgette Oden <gigi@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 13:23:58 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, BIRKEY, DUANE wrote:

> If I were to buy a M series two lens travel kit, I'd buy a 28 Elmarit and
> a 50 Summicron.
>
> A three lens travel kit based on budget.  I would probably buy a 28
> Elmarit, a 50 Summicron  and a 90 Elmarit.

Mainly I'm not thinking of my Leica as a travel-oriented camera, although
it can be ideal for that.  I'm thinking of it as a photojournalist's
camera, tiny, quiet, light, unintimidating to children/folk in the 3rd
World, and to the uninitiated, doesn't scream "steal me" like an F5 (or my
EOS) does.  I have to have pretty fast lenses, which is why I'm thinking a
35/1.4 and a 90/2.  (Flash can be so distracting that I'd rather use 3200
film and have the lens wide open than deal with a flash.) I'll also be
carrying my EOS (and probably my FT2 as well...) but not around my neck...
those will be in the pack.  Easily half the weight of my standard journey
backpack is cameras/film... maybe 3 changes of clothes and a spare pair of
shoes, maybe not.  Gotta have priorities. :)

Georgette