Subject: Re: [Leica] Two or three lens travel kit.
From: Georgette Oden <gigi@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 21:59:28 -0500 (CDT)

Carl,

Thanks for your advice... I would have written to you personally but
didn't see an email address-- excuse me for using the bandworth!

For one thing, I'll be working under the supervision of a pj out of
Budapest with Atlantic News Service.  And I'm pretty familiar with
combat-crisis photography.  I shot the Manila Riots in the Philippines a
few years ago, armed combat in Israel/Palestine, and I've covered election
violence in Guatemala and Nicaragua.  In fact, I've done more photography
out of Texas than I have within it.

That said, I do recognize that I have lots more to learn and lots of
"green" still in me.  I appreciate and welcome any advice, war stories,
suggestions, etc. from anyone out there who could take the time to share
with me.  One book I found helpful is called "The World's Most Dangerous
Places" but nothing beats personal experience and a mentor's help.  I
don't want to get killed, I just want the pictures.

Thanks,
Georgette