Subject: [Leica]Online specs for M and R cameras
From: Doug Herr <71247.3542@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 23:38:41 -0400

From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 19:28:25 -0500
Subject: Re: [Leica]  Online specs for M and R cameras

>At 11:57 AM 4/18/98 -0400, you wrote:
>
>>and a re-pivoted mirror which permits lenses with Minolta-spec backfocu=
>>be used.

>What in the world is Minolta-spec?

Eric,

Sorry, I could have described minolta-spec a little better.  When the SL2=

was introduced, Leitz also introduced 3 Minolta lenses in Leica-R mount:
the 16mm fisheye, 24mm Elmarit and an 80(or so) - 200 (or so) zoom.  Thes=
lenses protrude further into the mirror box than previous R-lenses and so=

require the re-pivoted mirror.  (the 500 reflex, as I recall, is also a
Minolta lens in Leica disguise).

- -Doug