Subject: [Leica] Shutter / meter accuracy
From: Doug Herr <71247.3542@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 23:16:34 -0400

ON  23 Apr 1998, Eric Welch wrote:

>>I'm sure you remember that the Nikon F2 allowed the speed selector to b=
>>stuck inbetween two shutter speeds and actually gave the inbetween
shutter
>>speed! Is that the case also with the R6 or R6-2?

>I don't think so, but I think the M6 does. Regardless, it's not accurate=

>for knowing the shutter speed, but if one uses the built-in meter, it's
got
>to be accurate enough.

The F2 has continuously-variable shutter speeds from 1/80 sec & faster. =

All three Leicaflex models also have continuously-variable shutters excep=
between 1/30 and 1/60,  and between 1/8 and 1/15.  BTW, the SL's meter &
shutter are sufficiently accurate for chromes under the most demanding
natural light conditions.  If I were into artifical light I might say
something different.

Eric, if you've never used an SL or SL2 you're missing a real treat.

- -Doug