Subject: Re: [Leica] R v M? Arrrrrrrrgh!
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 17:07:56 -0600

At 05:39 PM 19/04/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm a wedding photographer.  I had convinced myself that I wanted a Leica
M after handling a number of cameras at the local rental shop.
> Or tell me that you can shoot the M at 2 stops slower shutter speeds and
get sharper photos than with the R.
With all other factors being equal (lens focal length, camera handling,
etc.) you will be able to get at least a one stop slower shutter speed with
the M.  You can count on that for sure.

>Any wedding photogs in here that use Leicas on the job?
Use Blads (sorry Marc) mainly, but I may try 35mm for some of the candid
shots.  Seems to be the right choice, especially during the ceremony
itself, when the quiet shutter of the M and its available light
capabilities will allow you to work as unobtrusively as possible, so as not
to detract from the solemnity of the occasion.  It really bothers me to see
Uncle Fred with his tripod-mounted video camera up there getting more
attention than the bride and groom.

- -GH