Subject: [Leica] Re: Travel kit
From: "Paul T. Collura" <pcollura@epix.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 11:51:40 -0400

> John,

I agree with your reply to Jim completely.  I have just returned from the Charleston, S.C. Leica Photo Shoot and
had brought an M6  with 28, 35, 50 and 90 mm lenses and an R7 kit with 28mm, 60 Macro , 35-70m m zoom and 100mm
APO lenses - actually less that Jim's equipment list.  I did this in part as a  test for my European trip also
in September.  By the second day, I had left the R7 and R lenses in the hotel room as I was too fatigued by
carrying all that equipment around.  Worse, I was forever playing with equipment rather than being ready for
that decisive moment that we all strive to obtain in our pictures.  Talking with other LHSA members and LUGers
at the shoot  ( Tina Manely etc.) I realize that there are different styles for different photographers but few
desire to be so burdened with the equipment that Jim is bringing.  I am impressed with Jim's strength and
endurance!!  Tom Abrahamsson's suggestion of one M6 with 28mm Elmarit or 35mm  Summilix mounted  and another M6
with either 50 or 90 Summicron mounted  with the other lenses in the pocket is really all one needs for most
photography.  Both M6s should be around the neck and not in any bag.  I think the key to spontaneity is to be
essentially bagless.  That will be the heart of the system that I bring to Europe this September.

Paul T. Collura