Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 metering? Good for nothing!
From: "Art Searle" <w2nra@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 07:36:46 -0400

Thib wrote:
>If you do not trust you M6 metering, why don't you go back to the M4? or
M4-P?
>At least, you would not be bothered with the metering indications in the
>viewfinder!
>That's the reason why I loved the Nikon F! You could use the camera
without
>turning the metering system on, keep it off and do you metering!

Or turn off your meter in the M6 (remove the battery).  I accomplished this
twice when my M6 was new (newer) by leaving the shutter off "B" setting and
putting the camera in my bag.

Seriously, I think the meter in the M6 is quite good.  On numerous
ocassions I have taken multiple hand meter readings, arrived at an EV,
framed the picture in my M6 viewfinder only to find both arrows on  |><|

Art

Art Searle, W2NRA, w2nra@erols.com, Lake Grove, Long Island, NY, USA
20 miles east of Nikon USA, 70 miles east of Leica USA