Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 metering? Good for nothing!
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans@komvux.skola.mark.se>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 14:56:40 +0200

I cannot think of anything wrong with the M6 meter. You will have to think
for yourselves, where to meter (slides=measure highlights, B/W=measure
shadows).
Even the most sophisticated exposure systems, like Nikon's color matrix,
will go wrong sometimes. A separate meter measuring incoming light is the
thing to use in complicated situations, no matter what camera you are using.
90% of the time, though, the M6 meter is all I need.

PS Check http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Carsten_Bockermann/
Besides nice pictures, Carsten has also published his own M-lens evaluation,
well worth reading!
/Hans