Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] Re:an objective evaluation of leica M lenses:
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 13:15:44 -0500

At 09:43 AM 4/23/98 -0400, you wrote:

>     methods of REAL science to human behavior for the first time.  So you
>     should read more about it, because it represents perhaps the greatest
>     and most profound revolution in all of human history.  B. F. Skinner's
>     "About Behaviorism" is a good place to start (albeit dry reading).

I have a social science degree. I know behaviorism, I know B.F. Skinner's
thoughts, and I don't buy it. But that's irrelevant to this business of art
anyway.

If B.F. Skinner is right, than we are not sentient beings in any true
sense, we are just automatons, reactions to stimuli. Our sense of self, our
freedom, is an illusion. We have no free choice. And people would respond
to social stimuli in the same way given the same circumstances in life.
That is certainly hardly true.

But it's an act of faith to buy it, or deny it. No social science is hard
science.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.