Subject: [Leica] I'm off!
From: Mike Johnston <70007.3477@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 08:43:02 -0400

Hey folks, I get my M6 and 50/2 today, so I'm off for now. Thanks to all for
the good discussion and information! Wish me luck in my "vision quest." I'll
try to drop a message to the LUG every so often to report how it's going.

Hi again Paul B.: I agree with you totally on the "diary" aspect of carrying an
M6 all the time. The same the happened to me the first time I owned one, in
1991-93. It was a very fortunate thing, too--I have a daily diary of the time I
spent with my son's mother, who is now gone. That will be precious to him
someday.

To Rick, I can only offer a quote from my article "Leicaphilia": "The Leica
both creates and resolves its own neuroses."

<g>

Bye all!

- --Mike