Subject: [Leica] Re: Leicas at games now Leicas and trains
From: Mike Gardner <mikeg@neca.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 21:23:45 -0400

=A0

dvcinc@mail.swbell.net wrote:

> Eric:
>
> I photographed 261 on Saturday and Sunday. Did not see any other Leica =
users. The
> camera of choice among the serious railfans and rail photographers seem=
s to be Nikon,
> at least where I was those 2 days.
> Saw more than 1 N90S with an 80-200 zoom.

Bob,
Yes, the n90s with an 80-200 enjoys great favor among serious rail photog=
raphers as
previously did the F3 with motor drive.=A0 More than once I've been the o=
bject of curiosity
set up trackside with my M's and R's.
My favorite Leica railroad photographer was an elderly gentleman I met wi=
th two screw
mount Leicas mounted on a small handheld device with a pistol grip with a=
 common cable
release.=A0 Both cameras had 50mm lenses aimed to a common point and he h=
ad color in one
camera and B&W in the other.=A0 Both fired when he pressed the cable rele=
ase.
Mike Gardner