Subject: Re: [Leica] My M6 is back!
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 10:14:17 -0400

Eric Welch wrote:
> Well, there's more to the story than I'm telling. They REALLY screwed up
> the paperwork. But I didn't realize they were not telling me the facts when
> they told me the general wait was three weeks. Was your repair under
> Passport? They didn't think mine was a Passport warranty, because of
> screwed up serial numbers on record. But they didn't tell me that when I
> called the first time.

Eric,

Just out of curiosity, did you actually send a Passport registration
form when you bought the camera? I recently bought a new lens with the 3
yr. Passport warranty but I have not sent the card as Marc and others
have indicated that the warranty is implicit. My question: How does one
inform Leica USA of ownership without sending the card? Thanks to you
and all and apologies if I'm re-opening a can of worms.

Carl S.

Sometimes the wrong thing is exactly the thing you should do.