Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Noctilux - Rational lens??
From: Chris Bitmead <chrisb@ans.com.au>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 06:17:43 +0000

Thomas Kachadurian wrote:

> Chris:
>
> I don't own either the Noct or the 50L, but I do shoot both EOS and Leica
> M. The advantage of the Noct is that it mounts on a camera that is so
> smooth that you can go at least one, and probably two stops slower and
> still make a sharp photograph. F 1.0 at 1/60 needs more light than f1.0 at
> a 1/15.

Very very good point. I wonder though if anyone with a steady
hand has put this theory to the test. I regularly disregard the
1/focal length rule with my SLR when needed with good results.
Has anyone here done some handheld tests of their own to see what
the actual difference is in the results? Not just 1 photo. You
would need to take at least 10 with each to get a reasonable
sample, because there is some luck involved.

- --
Chris Bitmead
http://www.ans.com.au/~chrisb
mailto:chrisb@ans.com.au