Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Noctilux - Rational lens??
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 06:45:21 +0000

>I'd love to know if this magical style is just due to f1.0 lenses
>or if there is something special about the leica.

I am not able to answer that question.  As a leica owner and user, I would
love to think that "it's the leica" bit.  Maybe the way f1.0 lenses are
constructed will make it stand up in its own right.  I am not surprised
that the Canon f1.0 has its unique personality too.

Even successive generations of leica lenses of the same maximum aperture
and focal length seem to have their unique characteristics.  Some are
flary, some have good bokeh, some are sharper than others.  The
knowledgeable leica user will select the lens which best suits his or her
purposes in photography. I have used pre-WW2 uncoated lenses with my B&W
films to achieve that "era look."
For me, Photography is an artform and I am using various lenses to
"paintbrush" my pictures.

Dan CC Khong
Singapore.