Subject: Re: [Leica] Off Topic, Contax lens on Nikon Rangefinder
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 12:05:55 -0400

At 09:43 PM 4/26/98, David wrote:

> Pardon me for this off topic.  Can I use my Contax rangefinder lenses on
>Nikon rangefinder bodies with no problem as I can use my Leica SM lenses on
>Canon rangefinder bodies?

There may be problems on individual lenses, as the RF mechanism is a bit
different.  I forget the details (I am not hugely interested in the Nikon
RF's), but I recall that the wide-angle lenses present less of a problem
due to their depth of field.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!