Subject: Re: Re[2]: [Leica] Re:an objective evaluation of leica M lenses:
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 07:27:53 -0500

At 12:42 AM 4/27/98 -0400, you wrote:

>good picture.  i.e., a "good" picture is one that  satisfies the
>photographer's concept  and purpose rearding what he is doing in the moment
>(of image capture).

I agree with you.In addition, success is when the photograph does what it's
intended to do. I think Mapplethorpe and Witkin's pictures do that - they
shock and disgust many of us. But I wouldn't call them good. Successful,
not good. The difference is significant.

>For  the more analytically minded may I suggest the following reference of
>ours:   FORMS OF VALUE AND VALUATION , Edited by Edwards and Davis,

Thanks, that sounds like something for the Summer reading list. :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.

Albert Einstein