Subject: [Leica] A "real" meter
From: guitar@cc.wwu.edu (David Feingold)
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 18:48:45 -0700

I have an M4P and a friend who just sold me (for a very good price, I could
not refuse) an MR meter; not an "MR4", which I understand to be the same
but in black.
My questions are:
1. What does the plastic moveable arm on the front next to the 90 degree window
        do? If it is a battery check, I have a working battery but I'm
getting nothing from moving the arm.
2. What are my choices to power this when the cell that is current runs
out?  Do some states allow mercury batteries, how much to convert this
meter to lithium.... and so on?
DF