Subject: Re: [Leica] Contax G-2
From: Robert Rose <rjr@usip.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 14:56:26 -0700

B.D.

Take this for what it is worth.  At the photo store across the street they get, maybe twice a year, a G-1/G-2 outfit in the used department.  In every case I can remember the owner traded up to a Leica.  I assume that those who bought it as a super duper P&S have kept it and love the results, and those who have bought it as a cheaper, AF alternative to Leica have realized their mistake.

E.g., don't buy a G as an alternative to a Leica.  Buy it because it is what you want.

<<same quality/serious photo tool >>  Remember this is Carl Zeiss T* glass.

Bob

>>> "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> 04/29 1:18 PM >>>
Have any LUGers had any substantial experience with the Contax G-2, and, if
so, what did/do you think? Is the autofocus fast and accurate, particularly
in low light? How do the lenses compare to their Leitz counterparts? Is it
- - forgive the heresy! - in the same quality/serious photo tool catagory as
the M6, or is it essentially a rich persons P&S?

Any comments will be much appreciated.

B. D.