Subject: RE: [Leica] what happened?/180.2.8 lens
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 13:34:00 +0000

Lucien,
 Who knows what others regard as sacred, but I take the point that the   =

lenses are the place where the quality is imported into the picture, and   =

that up until the R8 (and preceding the R3) the reflex line was always   =

partly overshadowed by its Minolta heritage.

 I still question the wisdom of my (our?) quest though, in the search for  =
 =

a true Leica lens, that is. At the recent LHS Leica Day here in England,   =

I showed some concert photos, 20"x16" taken on the Zeiss Sonnar which   =

seemed to lack for nothing. I suppose a better truth might be that I   =

don't yet realise what they could have contained if taken with a Leica   =

lens. I don't notice anything in the photos that I take with my Leica   =

lenses that was missing  from the Sonnar pics. However, I have to   =

struggle to imagine what that could have been added with a 180/2.8   =

Elmarit-R. Maybe my processing isn't as good as it could be?
 Is this heresy? Am I now a 'non-believer'? Should I spend =9C550 GBP on   =

something that will only effectively provide a better name tag in my   =

camera bag?
 I suppose only I can answer that...
Jem