Subject: [Leica] Billingham Alice & Other bags
From: Carsten Bockermann <Carsten_Bockermann@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 04:17:41 -0400

Ken,

I have a Fogg bee bag which I sometimes use for my M Leicas. It holds 2
bodies, 4 lenses, some small accessories and some rolls of film. =

>>Is the narrow compartment usually used to house bodies without lenses?<=
<

I use the narrow compartment for a table-top tripod, cable release,
filters, lens cleaning cloth etc. So, looking at the bag from the top, it=

looks like this (bottom of the screenis backside of the bag) :

    --------------------
    +        Film      +
+--------------------------+
I        Accessories       I
+--------+--------+--------+
I   M6   I   M6   I 90/2.8 I
I   +    I   +    I   +    I
I  35/2  I 21/2.8 I  50/2  I
+--------+--------+--------+

However, for day-to-day useI prefer my Billingham Hadley by far (actually=
just bought a second one as my first one was almost falling afterbeing
damaged in an accident). It can hold 2 bodies, 5 lenses, a Metz 40 MZ-3
flash unit and leaves enough room for accessories and film. More importan=
t,
it doesn=B4t look as much like a photo bag as the bee bag does, so I thin=
k it
will be less interesting for thieves.

Carsten

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Carsten_Bockermann/