Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh? Summilux Aspherical?
From: FIGLIO4CAP <FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 14:07:14 EDT

I also use the 35F1.4 non-aspherical and feel that it produces exquisite
images- very smooth transitions in the out of focus areas. However, it has an
extreme flare problem wide open at certain angles relative to a light source.
Unlike an SLR lens, you don't see the "effect" until it is too late. Has that
particular problem been reduced with the aspherical design?

Extreme sharpness is not my interest for a 35mm used wide open, but flare is.

Thanks,
Bob