Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh? Summilux Aspherical?
From: FIGLIO4CAP <FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 12:58:26 EDT

In a message dated 5/2/98 11:19:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Donald_Ingram@compuserve.com writes:

<< All things considered the lens does a pretty good job under difficult
 conditions.   >>
Thanks Donald,
Your comments are very useful for my decision. I don't use the lens for high
definition work which, I understand, the aspherical does well. In 35mm for
that purpose, I use the 35,2.8 Elmarit R. And really, I only had a flare
problem with the sun at a particular angle or a very bright window light at
night - again, only a a particular angle.
I guess if I were buying a 1.4 for the first time I would go with the
aspherical design given all of the praise it has received here. But, for now,
I think I'll keep the old Summilux.
Thanks again for you inout.
Bob