Subject: [Leica] cleaning of tape outlines
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 00:07:04 +0200

At 16:16 01.05.1998 -0400, Dan wrote:
<<<That sticker was on the camera no more than a day or two, but
to this day I see a faint outline of where that sticker was placed >>>

Use nail polish remover to clean the outline. Get clear off the
remover with a moist (water) rag, and polish afterwards with a
very small amount of oil to protect the surface again. If it
"shines" after polishing, clean it with a dry rag till the rest
of the oil is gone.

Leitz originally covered all metal parts with a very faint oil
surface. I guess, Solms does it similar. It works with chrome
and black (plain) surfaces.

Alf

Alfred Breull
http://members.aol.com/abreull/index.htm