Subject: [Leica] Identity of Leica Screw mount Camera
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 16:52:26 -0300

Hi:

I recently bought a leica screw mount body and was wondering if anybody can
help me identify it.  The camera came with the original manual and the
receipt where the owner had paid duty on it at customs in September of
1947.  The manual says its a Model G.  It looks like a model III, but I am
not sure. The serial number of the camera is 258217 and the lens looks like
an uncoated 5cm f2 Summar serial number 383584.

Any help in identifying this camera would be appreciated.  In the chance
that I paid too much for it, what is it worth?  It came in an ever ready
case and is probably in ex condition or a little better.  The shutter works
on all speeds and sounds good.  The lens is clear inside with some cleaning
marks on the front element.

Thank once again for any help the list can provide.

Regards,

Robert Stevens