Subject: Re: [Leica] Identity of Leica Screw mount Camera and Bokeh
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 23:34:34 -0300

Alf:

After reading your comments on the lens, I decided to put a roll of film
through the camera and see how it performs.  I went to supper this evening
at our Yacht Club and joined Payson and his wife at their table.  The below
linked picture was taken with the IIIa and the 5cm  F2 Summar.  It
certainly does have a 3d look to it.  Not bad for an uncoated lens made
over sixty years ago!  It was shot on Tri-X and developed in Rodinal 1-50.
The image is a direct scan from the negative.

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/Payson.JPG

Thanks once again for your comments on this lens.  I had bought the camera
for resale, but now I may wish to keep the lens for use on my M6 with a
bayonet adapter I have.  This afternoon I had mounted the M6 on a tripod
and took a picture with the summar and a new 50 2.8 Elmar.  It will be
interesting to see the slides and the lens performs in with colour film.

Regards,

Robert Stevens