Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz Bag/(14820 Case)
From: "vonohlen" <vonohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 16:01:27 -0700

I have a 14820 case.  I carry an M-3 (originally with an MC meter =
attached), with a 50/2 Summicron on the camera, a 35/3.5 Summaron RF =
(with eyes), and 90/4 Elmar in the case.  The 90 and 35 are attached to =
each other with an adapter to hold two M-mount lenses together.  I =
believe the case also has a pocket for a cased filter set.  The bottom =
width of the case measures 7.8 inches x 3.2 inches while the top is 8 x =
3.8  inches.  The height is about 7.5 inches.The color is a dark olive =
brown.

I have carried the above equipment plus three rolls of film (unboxed) =
plus a small meter.  The film and meter must sit on top of the Leica =
equipment.  When the camera comes out for use, I flip the film into the =
place where the camera would sit.  I have carried this kit all over =
Europe and the United States during the past 30-years.  The only time I =
deviated was once when I decided a new case would be nice (that's =
another story and Mecklenburg  Baye did not get the Leica...but almost).

I have a 2 Januar 1968 Leitz price list that describes the item as:

14820 - Amateurtasche - zur Aufnahme von 1 LEICA-Modell mit LEICAMETER =
und verschledenen Objektivkombinationen...(Weitere Beh"alter in Liste =
100-5).  Price was DM 102.

Hope this helps.
Bill