Subject: Re: [Leica] Q for the pros
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@vaggeryd.mail.telia.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 14:08:08 +0200

From Donal Philby

>A good place to relate recent experience.  I just got back from boat
>shoot on Lake Meade
         <snip>
> 88 rolls dead on exposure without an unintended push or pull, all
>with incident light meter.

- -------------------------
88 rolls .... on one boat?
When my mentor. Beken, was assigned (many years ago) to photograph a large
J-class ocean racer he positioned himself in Cowes Roads in a rowing boat.
These J-class yachts had a professional crew of about fourteen and it would
take hours and hours to get the boat to sea and hoist those massive mains
and jibs and trim them just right for a photo session.  When that huge
ocean racer thundered passed him, billowing thousands of square feet of
canvas, Beken clicked the shutter on his 8x10 then told his assistant who
was on the oars to head back to harbour.  "But you only took one
photograph" grovelled his assistant, to which Beken snapped "He only
ordered one."

Alan Hull