Subject: [Leica] HCB and his Leica
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 18:22:04 -0400

At 10:31 PM 5/7/98 +0200, Nathan Wajsman  wrote:
>Page 24 has a picture of the Leica IIIG because that was the first Leica
>HCB used in 1932.

Hardly!  The IIIg wasn't released until 1957 and, even though HCB is GOOD,
even he isn't a chronaltemporist!

Nor was it a Leica G, otherwise known as a IIIa, as this wasn't released
until 1935.

It might well have been a Leica Standard, Model E, or a Leica I, Model C,
or a Leica I, Model B Compur, or a Leica I, Model A, or even a Luxus or a
or a Leica II, Model D,  all of which were in production in or before1932.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!