Subject: Re: [Leica] Life Mag Eisey Issue
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 06:57:33 -0500

At 12:05 AM 5/8/98 -0400, you wrote:

>     If you're looking for decent doc photography, check out a magaine
>called "doubletake".  I believe it's published by Duke (?) department of
>documentary studies...or something like that...:-)

Zzzzzzzzzzzz...

I find much of the photography in Doubletake to be weak, bland, without
vision. I don't see every month, but when I do look, it all looks an awful
lot alike.

There are some photographers' work that is wonderful, and inspiring. But I
was greatly disappointed in Doubletake's overall effort. I think Granta at
times does just as well, except for size, and they aren't proclaimed
supporters of documentary photography like Doubletake.

=========

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

HEADLINE:    Red Tape Holds Up New Bridge