Subject: Re: [Leica] Q: IIf RD + Elmar red scale
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 16:27:00 -0400

I have one of these, also with the 1/1000 sec top speed. I carry and use it
often. If I recall correctly, about 14000 were made with red dial and
1/1000 ces top speed. The Red Scale Elmar is a very nice lens and worth
what your price is for the body also. Buy it and have fun with it!

kw

>Today I was offered a
>
>Leica IIf, RD, s/n 679.860, 1953/54, complete with
>Elmar 3.5/50, red DOF scale, s/n 944.065, 1951
>
>for a total of DEM 680, about USD 380.
>
>Except that it's a very nice little beauty, specially for
>daily use, and for 2 very small missing parts of the leather
>(?, word), both, camera and lens, look pretty fine, about
>ex+ to ex++.
>
>Any comments, also from collectors :) , are welcomed.
>
>Alf

>Alfred Breull
>http://members.aol.com/abreull/index.htm

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>